Sunday, July 18, 2010

Siren festival!

Well, the temperatures in NYC and the eastern seaboard have been unbearable the past few weeks. With the extreme heat (80's, 90's, 100's, OH MY) and insufferable humidity, I don't have the energy to do much. But, I did muster the strength to venture out to Coney Island on Saturday to go to the Siren Music Festival, which is a free concert put on by The Village Voice. I'm not a huge music person, but this is the second time I've gone to the concert. I had so much fun with my friends Madeline, Gia and Stephen (who are all HUGE music people). We battled the crowds, the heat and had our fair share of Italian ices!

This year's headliner for Siren was the band 'Matt & Kim.' Sadly, Madeline, Gia and I decided that we had had our fair share of Siren by 6:30, so we didn't get to see 'Matt & Kim,' but I would have liked to!

No comments:

Post a Comment