Friday, May 6, 2011

Follow

Today, my art class visited the "Follow" show at MOCA Shanghai. It was a pretty strange show, I'm still not sure if I liked it. It was a collaboration between eight artists and the Museum of Unknown, which is just what roughly 20 artists combined call themselves. On the first floor, there was really eerie music playing. Kind of like a music box gone wrong. And there was a really disturbing video that made me shout in surprise. And then the second floor had this really cool landscape model made of paper, egg shells that had writing inside and a giant, life size board game! Not only was it a life size board game, but it was also interactive! There were brushes and little pots of paint and you could add to the game, or use chalk and add to the instructions. It was a pretty cool exhibit. I like the range of media, but I honestly did not understand any of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment