Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why this was the best week ever!!

Despite having one presentation and one exam this week, I think this was my best week of the semester! Both the presentation and exam went well, and I'm now done with two classes! Stern even has their own blue books, which actually have better quality paper than normal blue books.....
Thursday, Eunice and I organized a holiday party and Secret Santa exchange for our Shanghai friends. It was a major success!! We decided to go to Gyu-Kaku for their happy hour, when their menu is half priced! We ordered sooo much food for ten people, and it was so much fun to grill it with everyone.

For my Secret Santa gift, I got Melisa these really cute things you put on your glass so you know whose is whose. For me, Eunice got me slippers! It's seriously like having little stuffed animals on my feet.
I used pages from the Ikea catalogue as wrapping paper. hehe


The gift exchange was so much fun, and I was really happy that (almost) everyone could go!! And then there was Gian's present (wrapped in the Financial Times), which everyone giggled at.
Friday, was the last day at my internship. And it was a super busy day for me, since I was the only intern. But, all the hard work definitely paid off when I was allowed to choose more clothes!! I was shocked and so happy the rest of the night!
I couldn't help myself from trying on earmuffs


love the delicate detail
Today, I went to the New Museum to see the "Experience" exhibit with Ben. The exhibit was super fun, because it is very interactive. The exhibit starts in the lobby, where we got these crazy upside-down goggles. I seriously felt like I was going to fall over, it was so confusing! It took me a long time to get used to the goggles, and by then I was developing a monster headache. Other highlights included a giant slide that went from the museum's fourth to second floor.

mirror carousel 
animals

Ben getting ready!


the basin at the bottom of the pill clock

the gorgeous view from the sky room
Upside down goggles. Ben said I looked nerdy.
Snapshots from the week:
My nails this week, Essie Nice is Nice

my love for sweet potatoes continues

playing at Pier 1

carving wood reindeer right outside my dorm!


really scary performance art in the ACE 14th st station


super cute slippies



a heaping pile of hk waffles!

switched to my fleece sheets!

and my new skirt finally arrived from Bloomingdales!! I felt so cool and trendy when I tried it on.
yummy cupcakes from Butterlane! I got all banana cake with blueberry, rasberry, caramel and coconut frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment