Monday, February 20, 2012

My week in macarons and shabu shabu

This week was another food filled one. I started off with my beloved Laduree macarons. This time I got two grapefruit, one black currant, one caramel, one coconut and one rose petal. I had really high hopes for the grapefruit since it was a special Valentine's flavor (and I'm still in my grapefruit phase, although it seems to be slowing down), but it was very disappointing. There was supposed to be a vanilla creme center, instead there was a nutty tasting jelly. Overall very disappointing. My favorites are the caramel and coconut.


After my internship on Friday, I walked to the new, downtown Brooklyn Shake Shack to get the Jeremy Lin mint shake. No lines! And the shake tasted like a girl scout cookie. Perfect afternoon treat.

Since we had Monday off for President's Day, I used the long weekend as an opportunity to see lots of friends! Saturday, I had Indian food with Lucas, who I had not seen in a year. Since it was warm that day, I decided to wear my Anna Sui Resort '12 blouse for the first time! I've noticed that I wear a lot more black and grey these days. I still like to wear bright accessories (especially purses) and jewel tone jackets, but I think it's finally happening. I'm becoming a New Yorker. This outfit was also featured on Pose!


On Sunday, a few Shanghai friends and I decided to go to Flushing and eat yummy (and cheap) Chinese food! But before I met up with them, I planned on hitting up a few flea markets on the way to Penn Station, where we were going to catch the LIRR to Flushing. But I never made it! I ended up going in to Joe Fresh near my apartment, and I saw my friends Jessie and Allen! I also picked up a Celine esque denim shirt, which I'm very excited about. I also really like their silk button down shirts, and they come in so many yummy spring colors!! I think I'm going to wait a bit, until they are on sale, so I can get multiple colors!
really liked this blouse, but it was a bit short for my taste. 
super cute! and has a pocket.
Once we actually made it to Flushing, the first stop was Coco! I can't help getting milk tea whenever I'm near Coco. After, we went to the New World Mall, and I stocked up on super cute phone cases!!!


ridiculously cute hk cases, but I didn't get them. next time!
Finally, we went to the restaurant to have shabu shabu (individual hot pot). It was soooo delicious and super filling! I wish I could have it all the time!



no trip is complete without a picture of Gian sleeping


No comments:

Post a Comment