Saturday, March 17, 2012

#springbreak2012

While my spring break wasn't as eventful as some of my classmates (ahem, sternies), I still had fun in the city, and got to catch up with one of my good friends.
I started off my break by going to Curry-ya, a Japanese curry restaurant in the East Village which Justine had recommended to me. I got the baked Japanese curry, which had potatoes, carrots, butternut squash and beef, smothered in curry, and the topped with cheddar cheese and an egg, and the whole thing was baked. I really liked their modern version of curry. Definitely a repeat!
After that, I went to Dominique Ansel bakery in Soho to get a St Patrick's Day themed pastry for myself. I wanted the heart shaped macarons, but I think that was only for show. Instead, I got the salted pistachio religieuse, which was too pretty to eat! I also brought home a DKA to save for breakfast.

After the bakery, I wasn't quite ready to go home, so I made an extended pitstop in Washington Square to sit in the fountain and watch the street performers and dancers. I think my ankles even got a bit tan.
The next day I made plans to go to Bubby's Brooklyn with Johnny for a belated birthday and general catch up. The restaurant is located right on the East River in DUMBO, and Johnny lives near South Street Seaport, so we decided to walk the Brooklyn Bridge to get there! It was surprisingly crowded for a Monday, but we eventually made it without getting run over by a bike. At Bubby's I got the fried chicken with sides of mac n cheese (which Johnny ate) and baked beans plus a grapefruit margarita. I wasn't that hungry, but that fried chicken was so good! I think the batter had different spices or something, but it was incredibly flavorful. Plus they had a photo booth and I could not resist. For dessert, we tried to go to the Brooklyn Ice Cream factory, but it is closed on Mondays. I was quite upset since I have never been.

The rest of the week consisted of me going to my internship, eating Vanessa's chicken teriyaki lo mein (sidenote: do not get their bubble tea, the tapioca is sub par) and eating too many popsicles.
really liked my nail color this week: Essie, play date
my fingers were pretty tired after stuffing over 200 envelopes! 
easter themed window in soho
new sparkly sandals that look like ones I wanted last summer from Zara (but I got mine for less than half the price at Nordstrom Rack)
using my hedgeyhog dryer balls hehe
need to get a haircut soon, probably next weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment