Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shanghai purchases, thus far.

Many will be surprised to hear that in the month I have been in Shanghai, I have only made three purchases that are not food, school supplies or traveling expenses. Remarkably uncharacteristic? I know! The reason I have not yet been shopping is because the majority of the time I am with my friends, and I don't want to subject them to the long and probably arduous task that is me shopping. So, in the few moments I am by myself, I enjoy browsing the stores in peace.
My first purchase was a striped shell top from H&M for 199rmb ($30) that I saw in New York magazine. The top is very reminiscent of this season's Prada collection.
A few days ago, I bought a Hello Kitty x Tokidoki wallet for 119rmb ($18.11). I love both Hello Kitty and Tokidoki, but the collaboration at the Sanrio stores retails pretty high. I saw the wallet in the window of a random store at the backgate. I looked at a few wallets, but both the shopkeeper and I agreed the HK x Tokidoki one was 最 好看.
Finally, yesterday, I bought a Lesportsac backpack. Normally, lesportsac backpacks retail close to $100. This one we bargained down to 130rmb from 150. That's $20 for a real lesportsac backpack! Mine has the Fifi Lapain print.

No comments:

Post a Comment