Wednesday, July 13, 2011

new internship, new city, new me

I started a new internship last week, and it has been good so far! It's my first fashion internship, but I'm in the production department, so it's less "Devil Wears Prada" more meh, I don't really know what it's like. I haven't even been there two weeks, so I'm still not sure what to think of it, but initially I like it. The tasks I'm given aren't particularly glamorous, but I like seeing the business of fashion.
Since my internship is full time, I haven't been doing much, but I want to change that in the coming weeks. I thought since so many of my new friends from Shanghai are in the city this summer I would get to see them all the time. not true. So far I've only seen one Shanghai friend, and two other friends, which makes me sad.
So, last night I decided a few things, one is that I'm going to make a conscious effort to eat less meat. I'm not going to be a vegetarian, but I only want to eat meat during lunchtime. And I'm going to attempt cooking more often, even if it's just pasta. Finally, I want to do everything I wanted to do the past two years, but couldn't because I was working. This includes going to the Hester St. market, the Brooklyn Flea market, and general thrifting adventures at Housing Works and the Hell's Kitchen market which I know none of my friends have the patience for. And, I must, must, must see an outdoor film. And now that I work in the Garment District (a mere four blocks from Bryant Park), I have no excuse.
Finally, I've been posting my outfits everyday for seven days now, and I'm not sure if I should continue. I want to, but I'm not sure how interesting it actually is....I'll have to think about this one.
my first day of work outfit. Definitely repeating this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment