Sunday, July 17, 2011

the weekend I always dreamed about

This weekend was jam packed with so much stuff, I couldn't be happier! I started off Saturday by going to the 4knots Music Festival down at South Street Seaport, which replaced the decade long, Siren Music Festival at Coney Island (I've been twice). I've never been to South Street Seaport, so I was pretty excited to go! It wasn't very crowded, and because the main stage was on a pier, it was nice and breezy. I only stayed for an hour-ish, but I did see Oberhofer's set, which is a band I had actually heard of!


Afterward, I took the water taxi from Pier 11 to Ikea Brooklyn. The water taxi is free on weekends and $5 on the weekdays, and it has the greatest views of Manhattan I've seen! for free! Unfortunately Ikea was sold out of these giant bags I use to store my out of season clothes in, so I grabbed an ice cream (can you believe they don't have Lingonberry, only vanilla??), and returned to Manhattan.
view from water taxi

Today, I went back to Brooklyn, but this time to go to the Brooklyn Flea Market! On Sundays, the Brooklyn Flea is in Williamsburg, right on the East River waterfront. It's mostly clothing vendors, but there were also food vendors! I only had a hibiscus tea, but I think I'm definitely going to go back and try some of the yummy food.
view of Manhattan from Williamsburg


hibiscus tea!

shaving ice!

Finally, I went to soho to make some returns, and visit old friends. Soho has changed so much! New stores! New food trucks! but the street style is still awesome.
Then, I went home and made myself a tall glass of milk tea accompanied by a fresh piece of banana bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment