Saturday, July 16, 2011

Intern diary: week two

This week was much more eventful at my internship. From Tuesday to Friday, the interns were given the impossible task of de-linting this black lace fabric that is going to be made into coats next week. The lint (for back of a better term) was embedded into the fabric and was literally impossible to clean 100%. I didn't mind the task, but it would have been nice to listen to music while doing it! And then, Friday was so busy! The day passed by so quickly. In the morning, I unpacked four boxes of dresses, sized them and checked that all the labels were in tact. In the afternoon I went out to run errands, and assisted on a fitting.
I think I am moving up in the intern rankings! Sadly, I think the main reason is because all the other interns are leaving at the end of the month, and I will be the only one left in August. Regardless, I'm very excited to be given more important tasks, such as handling the sample garments. And, it took two weeks, but I believe everyone in my office now knows my name!
This week, I was also surprisingly social! I ate lunch with the other interns three times! And I saw a movie three nights in a row!! Wednesday night I saw an advance screening of "Friends with Benefits." It was pretty funny. Thursday night, my friend Rose invited me at the last minute to the midnight showing of "Harry Potter!" I wasn't even planning on seeing it in theaters! Sadly, I really did not remember a lot of the sub plots, but it was thrilling regardless. And then last night, I saw an out door movie at Christopher St pier, where they were showing "Despicable Me!!!!" It was super crowded with families by the time I got there around 9:15, and there was only standing room left. I stood on the side, and leaned against the railing behind some benches, and luckily a seat freed up.
My favorite outfit from this week

Despicable Me!!

view of Jersey
the first meal I cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment