Saturday, July 23, 2011

Intern diaries: week three

This week, all anyone could talk about was the unbearable heat that is present throughout the entire country. With temperatures hovering around 100, and the heat index even higher, Friday's temperatures were record highs for several cities! This heat made running errands unbearable. Especially when you have to carry five full length, fur coats! But I also got to do fun stuff at work. I got to go fabric shopping all by myself! and, I had to check, and then pack an order of these cute lion hats from the past collection. I think I'm really moving up in the intern ranks since they trust me with these tasks. 
I love looking at all the pretty swatches!

hats!

My favorite outfit from this week was a really simple white t-shirt and skirt. I jazzed up the outfit with bright accessories in the red/pink family: bright pink watch, red bag and red color block sandals. It was something I kinda just threw together, but as the day went on it definitely grew on me. While I was running an errand, a guy even stopped me on the street and asked where my skirt was from! What a confidence booster! And then the bag is red, which a color I don't typically wear. It's actually a fake Longchamp from China! Even though it's a color I normally stray away from, I really enjoyed the extra pop of color the bag added to my outfits. And the shape is so school girlish and fun!

my favorite outfit of the week
 Today, I ventured out (despite my fear of the heat) to the Hester St Fair. It's like, two basketball courts big, and in the middle of the LES. I would say it's about half food, half vintage clothes/jewelry, maybe even 60/40? Anyway, I was rather pleased with the food selection! I had a cranberry spritzer and a beef meatball slider with cranberry horseradish. Perfect afternoon snack. I wish I had gone with someone though, so I could split one of the yummy (and enormous!) Taiwanese style shaved ice! Taiwanese style shaved ice is much different from a snow cone or a shaved ice in Hawaii. The ice is very, very finely shaved (almost like snow), and though they are all different, the vendor at the market let you choose three toppings (including fresh fruit, granola, carmel popcorn!, etc.) and a scoop of ice cream (mango or green tea) and they top everything off with condensed milk. so yummy!
see the mountain of shaved icey yumminess??

Afterwards, I was feeling quite cool from the shade and breeze, so I opted to take a little detour on my way home and stumbled upon the New Museum's block party! There were a few booths about the museum, and a live band. Pretty small, but I did get two bananas, a ginger snap and a bottle of water from the (random) Whole Foods booth!

Lastly, I just started using instagram last night, and I really like the effects. I'm still experimenting so I can figure out which one is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment