Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Intern diaries: week four

This week felt pretty slow. In my department, a lot of the interns are leaving or have already left, so there's been more and more of the tedious tasks for me to do, like going out to the contractors. I did get to go fabric shopping again, and I even made myself a little reference sheet complete with swatches! But, I think the highlight (even though it sounds really boring and tedious) was when my boss asked me update two copies of her line chart. A line chart contains a picture of every piece in the collection, complete with style number and both whole sale and retail prices, and is arranged by shipment date. I had to write in next to each item for the Resort and Spring collections how many items were ordered and what color, and who the pattern maker is. It took me two hours to complete! Another highlight was when Elly, who is 7 months pregnant, shared her waffle from the Waffle truck with me!! One of the more undesirable tasks was that I had to put the lace back on the spool nicely....it seriously took me an hour.
made myself a nice little reference sheet!

the ugly before
and the somewhat pretty after
Last week's outfits were pretty bland, now that I'm looking back at them. I guess, my favorite outfit would have to be from Friday then—the only day I wore color! I rarely wear my Marimekko x H&M shirt because it is so bright! Almost too bright! I paired it with a simple black skirt, my new/favorite pink color block Zara sandals and my faux Mulberry Bayswater bag. No one really commented (to me, at least) how bright my shirt was until the end of the day, when Anna said she liked it! And she even has the same shirt!
my new kitty keychain that has tragically lost four rhinestones!
and my new purse! so cute! so fun!

For the weekend, I went home as a surprise!! It was so much fun! I've never taken part in a surprise anything, so it was great fun to see my dad and my sister's reaction (speechless and shocked, respectively). And, I also got to see my close friends from high school, Amy and Kate! We made dinner and it was so simple, yet so delicious! I even made the pasta again last night! Anyway, it was the first time we had gotten together as a group in two years! Can you believe it?? And, we were missing Jess because she had just gotten home from Australia and was terrible jet lagged. The four of us go to four different schools, with four drastically different schedules—it's nearly impossible to see each other. Hopefully, it won't be another two years before the four of us can have a proper reunion.


after a jam packed 40-ish hours, it's back to NY for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment