Saturday, August 13, 2011

Intern diaries: week six

This week was surprisingly slow. The show is just over a month away, so I thought it would be a lot busier! Well, we did get two new interns this week and I got to show them around the office and teach them everything so they are somewhat prepared next week when all the old interns (all two of us) move up to the 15th floor! I'm a little sad to leave Production, now that I am one of the trusted interns, but I feel that I've pretty much learned everything I can in Production.
My favorite outfit this week was Tuesday's. I actually bought this dress at Bloomingdales a really long time ago....as in Spring Break (when I did a huge East Coast college tour) of junior year in high school. And I just took the tags off on Tuesday, the summer going into my junior year of college. I was never really sure of the shape but I ended up really liking it!
My friend (and future roommate!!) Eunice really liked Thursday's outfit. It's a topshop blouse that I think I've only worn twice? It has a lot going on: mullet hem (longer in the back), chiffon flowers, rhinestones, a bow. whew. But I guess it's good to wear it now and then.

I also got three compliments on this super simple Uniqlo belt that I hardly wear. It's just a patent leather lavender. Maybe I should wear it more often too!
This week, I also bought a new lipstick from MAC! My beloved Hello Kitty x MAC lipstick is getting smaller and smaller by the week, so I think I should use it sparingly from now on. I wanted to get a coral/peach color and something that I don't have. I'm pleased with my final choice. I also am really embracing this hair length. I love braiding my hair at night to get soft waves the next day. I'm seriously considering not cutting my hair now!

On Wednesday, I went to Saint's Alps for the second time ever. The first time was before I went to NYU, and I went with my mom to get bubble tea. I had dinner with 11 other Shanghai friends—so it was more like a mini reunion. I had no idea that they also serve food! Mainly 小吃 (literally small eats, or snacks) for $2-3 but they also have rice and noodle bowls for $5-6! Amazing! I had a beef curry udon with coconut bubble tea. I'm definitely going back!
Some random snap shots from this week:
Chandeliers galore at ABC Home and Carpet!

zip tie lamp posts in Astor Place
cute elephants!

My mum got an iPad a few weeks ago, so it's up to my sister to teach her how to use it. I was pleasantly surprised one day when I received multiple youtube videos of funny babies!! They are so cute! and funny!! This is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment