Sunday, August 21, 2011

my week in eats.

On Saturday, I went to the Parked! event at South St Seaport. It was a food truck extravaganza with over 30 food trucks in one location! It was really overwhelming to have so much yummy food right there. I walked around two times, and I still couldn't decide what I wanted to eat.
the (crowded) scene on one of the side streets
I decided I should get food from trucks that I don't normally see. So I skipped Korilla, Waffle & Dinges and CoolHaus, just because they're always in Union Sq. I still couldn't really decide, so I just got in the Kelvin Slush line, which was one of the longer lines. I had to wait 20 minutes, and I got a citrus and white peach slush. Really yummy and refreshing!



I really wanted to go to the Gorilla cheese truck, but the line was WAY too long. So I went to Sigmund Pretzel and got a pretzel dog instead.

Finally, before I left, I got shrimp takoyaki and butter corn and edamame from this really cute truck, Mimi and Coco.


No comments:

Post a Comment