Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hester st Market, round two

This weekend I had absolutely nothing to do because the Hell's Kitchen food truck bazaar was postponed due to the rain. Good thing, because it rained all Saturday night and all day Sunday! My mum suggested I get something to eat at the Hester st Market since I'm moving soon, and I won't be that close to it anymore.
The market was a lot busier since the weather was great! There were so many people and so much yummy food! I decided to get a guaco taco from Brooklyn taco and a pomegranate lemonade from somewhere else. I really wanted to get either the avocado fries or chivacado hot dog from the Chicago hot dog place, but they sold out pretty soon after I got there. And I still want to get a giant shaved ice! Afterward, I wasn't quite ready to go home, so I walked around the LES for an hour or two. I like exploring new areas—and finding new restaurants!


I was so amazed to see the drip coffee!

really cute mini pancakes
I went grocery shopping on Friday, and I noticed this powder coconut cream. I wanted to try and make coconut milk tea, but it wasn't as successful as I had hoped. Even though I use boiling water, the tea was still grainy from the coconut powder. However, I'm thinking maybe it'll work better for the intended purpose, which is food. I'm going to add a bit to my curry later this week. fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment