Sunday, August 21, 2011

Intern diaries: week seven

This week, I started in a new department: Showroom! It was a somewhat uneventful week because all the clothes are in pattern making and sample room for the finishing touches for next month's fashion show. My tasks included tracking samples and running lots of errands to publications, our PR firm KCD and the Anna Sui downtown store. And in my down time, I'm in the process of assembling line charts (a big flip book of every garment in the collection) complete with fabric swatches for the buyers who are unable to attend the show/market week. I never realized before that there are more clothes than what is seen on the runway. Only 1/5 (approximately) of the clothes make it on the runway. Anyway, I've been cutting lots and lots of swatches for the Spring line charts. From what I've seen, I really like the fabrics! There are lots of hearts and polka dots! so cute!

I didn't really have a favorite outfit from this week. But on Monday, I did wear my favorite skirt from the Thakoon for Target. I love the colors and the shibori print, which is something you don't see that often. And I really like the shape of the skirt—it's so flattering!

I had a surprisingly social and food-filled week. I had lunch with the other interns and dinner. And I had dinner with Jeff twice this week!
On Tuesday I had a banh mi from my favorite banh mi store, Banh Mi Saigon, for lunch (have you ever seen bahi mi used in one sentence so many times?).

That night I had dinner with Jeff at The Smith. It was my first time and it was so good! I had Tuesday's special: pork cooked for 15 hours over some kind of polenta. I forgot.

It was still early after we finished dinner, so we walked around St Mark's, and then over to the Hudson River Park.

Friday night, I went to Saint's Alp with the other interns! This time I got Taiwanese style pork chop and a Lychee nectar drink. I didn't like this as much as the curry udon, but it was still good. For dessert, I went to Spot Dessert Bar with my friends Ben and Nick! I got a chocolate chip coconut cookie with condensed milk ice cream sandwich. I thought the cookies were really good—really crispy and crunchy. But I didn't think there was enough ice cream, and it didn't really taste like much. I forgot to take a picture, but the cookie was pretty big!

The week went by pretty fast. But I still haven't moved! not good! I'm really excited to move back to Union Sq because it is so convenient! Although, I do really enjoy living this close to Chinatown. I just hate the constant pedestrian traffic on Canal st from the hordes of tourists.
Snapshots from the week:
fun sign in TriBeCa
saw this GIANT line (it wrapped around the block) in Soho. I think it was for a casting

and how chic is this little girl?? two tone sunnies, knit dress and neon sandals.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the part where you had Spot with Nick and I :(

    ReplyDelete