Sunday, September 11, 2011

First week of school!

I had a lovely first week of school! I love the excitement that the fall brings: new school year, new classes, new school supplies (!!!), new friends, the new possibilities are endless! This semester I feel that I am finally taking classes for my major, which is wonderful! I'm taking Advertising and Society, Media History of New York, Photography and the Visual Archive, Entertainment Media Industries and science. I'm a little worried that taking three comm classes might be a bit too much down the road, but I find these subjects so exciting and so enjoyable.
The first two days of school were rainy and gloomy. I chose to go with a darker color palette: all shades of blue ranging from periwinkle to navy and purples. Finally on Thursday, it was nice and sunny, so I brought out a slight nod to summer with a chambray dress, and transitioned it to fall with my favorite military coat.


And then for my internship on Friday, I opted to wear a very summery yellow dress that I wore earlier this summer because there won't be very many more 80+ degree days! (not that I'm complaining)

My friend Jeff found this really funny picture on tumblr of a funny text you can send on iphone. If you send a simple smiley face, the way that iphone (and some other smart phones) format text messages makes it look like a whale!! I'm obsessed with sending whales now!

Fashion week also started this week. Anna's show isn't until Wednesday evening, but I've been keeping close tabs on all the shows in the meantime. I'm a huge fan of the purple at Prabal Gurung! Although once I actually got a good look at the makeup, I was quite confused by the pink fluorescent lips with the black center, so it looks like the mouth is open. I'm also not a huge fan of the slicked back, wet hair seen at several shows, including Prabal Gurung. But of course, Jason Wu is still my ultimate favorite. His looks are so lady like! forever swoon. (all images nymag)
Christian Siriano

Jason Wu and my favorite model, Karlie Kloss

love the sparkly collar

Suno, I like how the print fades to abstract

Jenni Kayne

Luca Luca, love the turban!!

Peter Som, love the color combos! so fun!

Porter Grey

Prabal Gurung

Random snapshots from the week:
fluffy dog getting his hair dried outside Think!!

sunscreen




No comments:

Post a Comment