Sunday, November 6, 2011

my week in firsts.

This week was kind of meh. I got to relax, because I didn't have any tests or papers this week. Next week I have my last two midterms, and then a paper the following week. Then, it'll be Thanksgiving and December and finals and the semester will finally be over! whew.
On Halloween, I went to Chinatown for a school assignment. I walked around Chinatown for awhile, before observing the old Chinese people in Columbus Park. I definitely chose the wrong day to wear a bright turquoise coat, because I felt a bit uncomfortable with so many people staring at me. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see kids trick or treating! I saw a really cute pumpkin baby in the park. To buy some time before the sun set (my assignment was to write about Bayard st at night) I had a small dinner at Xi'an Famous Foods. While I was eating my lamb burger, two kids came in the restaurant trick or treating. What a different Halloween from the suburban experience of walking house to house.
Wednesday, I decided to dress up a bit, since it was a tad warmer than the other days. I decided to try layering a pair of lacey-ish tights over a pair of opaque tights so it 1. didn't look as weird as usual and 2. would keep me warm! I was really happy with the way the tights look layered. That day, I did an unusual color combo of a mustard dress with eggplant cardi and turquoise coat. I liked how once I took my coat off, the eggplant really toned down the look, and made the mustard-eggplant combo look really rich.

On Thursday, I finally had Korilla! I got the pork burrito with everything (as in all the vegetables + kimchi) and bbq sauce, as per David's instructions. They were out of the bacon fried rice. It was delicious. I'm sad I waited this long to try Korilla!! I might even have to make it a Thursday night tradition....
Of course I had to pair Korilla with sweet potato fries!! I am seriously obsessed with making sweet potato fries. It is so, so simple, how could you not?
And I've discovered warmed up pumpkin butter over vanilla ice cream is magnificent! I need to get a few more jars from Trader Joes before they sell out!
This week I also saw the new season of Celebrity Apprentice filming in Union Sq. I even recognized Theresa from Real Housewives! I was too scared to go up to their booth though. I'm not even sure what it was for.
Snapshots from the week:





No comments:

Post a Comment