Saturday, November 19, 2011

my week in food and excitement!

Last weekend was probably my most social one yet. I spent all afternoon on Saturday making sweet potato pies with Ben. Much more simple than I expected! Though I'm not sure if I could bake a pie by myself...


our graham cracker crust which I thought tasted like Momofuku crack pie



Ben using his nifty apple peeler/slicer/core remover
apple beehives!
On Sunday, I went to the Mr. Philippines man-pageant to support my girl, David! And he won first runner up!!


All week, they've been setting up the Holiday Market in Union Sq. It finally opened on Friday! I haven't looked around thoroughly, but I did see my favorite molasses cookie booth! I also need to make a stop at the Waffel & Dinges booth!


Thursday was the last day of Priceless NY, where ten food trucks paired up around Manhattan to serve free lunch, on MasterCard. I was beyond happy when I found out the night before that Korilla would be in Union Sq! I got myself a bulgogi burrito with bacon fried rice.


After, my friend Amanda and I went to the Coolhaus truck, where she interns, and got red velvet cookies for a J. Crew event they were doing a few blocks away. Complete with edible wrapper!

Also on Thursday, my classes were cancelled due to the NYU4OWS demonstration. Over a thousand students met in Union Sq at 3pm on Thursday and then marched down to Foley Sq. Though I read it was very peaceful (I was way too scared to go outside since I live in Union Sq) I heard the protest for hours, and lots of police sirens and helicopters.
This week for my lunch with Ben, we decided to go to La Pain Quotidien, though it's a bit pricier than our usual lunch. But it was also raining that day, and lpq is close to campus. I had a smoked salmon tartine.
The real highlight of the week was tonight, when I went to my first cohort event!! Eunice is the cohort director of Murray Hill, so she invited me to her event, dinner at Ruby Foo's. It was so much fun! I wish we had things like that in Steinhardt. I had Korean fried chicken sliders and sushi taco trio (really yummy with the crispy wonton 'taco'!). And then we went to Juniors for cheesecake!! Four of us split a six inch cheesecake. I'm still stuffed!


I also wore an exceptionally cute outfit for the cohort event, as per Eunice's instructions. I wore a summery orange Zara skirt, and made it more winter appropriate with tights, boots and cashmere sweater. And I dried my hair for the first time in forever. Ray even thought I had gotten another hair cut! Guess I should dry/style/brush my hair more often....

Snapshots from the week:
awesome tassel I found in the education building stairwell. I'm thinking of making it into a keychain
Herald Sq at night
antique furniture for the Diesel windows
washington sq park 
OPI in Royal Rajah Ruby 
Macy's windows
working on the rugby windows
I love the Times sq buildings at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment