Thursday, June 24, 2010

weekly adventures with Madeline, featuring Gia.

Today for our weekly thing, Madeline and I decided to go to the Brooklyn Museum to see the American High Style: Fashioning a National Collection exhibit and we invited Madeline's friend Gia. It's linked to the Costume Institute exhibit, but it's actually a bigger collection. I was quite pleased with the exhibit, my only complaint was that I wanted to see more! My favorite looks were by Lanvin and Chanel. Even though the gowns were made by the designers, Jeanne and Gabrielle (Coco), the looks were completely timeless and still so chic and modern! There were also these three looks with the same textile that I absolutely loved. The textile had a Indian or Thai feel to it. It was hot pink and Hermes orange with gold accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment