Wednesday, December 16, 2009

today was AWFUL.

Today (really yesterday, because it's 2:45am) was actually one of the worst days in my life. It all started at 7pm, Monday night.
I went to a review session for my last media studies test and these review sessions are usually really helpful. This one was absolutely useless. We spent the entire  time talking about the terms...that's what wikipedia's for! And then Jen (my ta, who also happens to be teaching the course next semester) goes, "guys, I took the test. It's REALLY hard." That's just PERFECT Jen!
So I go home, study for two hours, and then have Kenny quiz me. I was basically getting every other term wrong and I was getting really frustrated. I go back to my room and make a list of all the terms I need to know. Then, I just wrote the definitions over and over.
3:30am, I had a media policy epiphany! and media policy and neo-liberalism and the public sphere just clicked.
Went to sleep around 5. Turned off both alarms and went back to sleep for an HOUR. And I only woke up because Stephen texted me at 9:05 saying, "I'm not going to class..."
Threw on some clothes and booked it to 35 w.4th (and I made it in 10 minutes!) I was a hot mess, but I got there in time and took the test.
I'm really not sure how I did on the test, but the t/f and multiple choice were absolutely ridiculous. ex: "From my lecture on December 3rd, I said.............." Victor, that is NOT reasonable. That's just wrong. and totally upsetting.
Then, while I was walking home, I either tried to zip or unzip my coat. Either way, I managed to get my silk chiffon blouse completely caught in the zipper, like, it was so caught that to take off my coat, I also had to take off my shirt...awk. And then I went to Uniqlo for closing.
There were a few other mishaps involving me seeing things/possibly hallucinating, but I don't want to frighten you like I did to Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment