Saturday, October 15, 2011

my week in food and fall breaks.

Last weekend, I randomly had a five day weekend because NYU gave us Monday and Tuesday off for Columbus Day! Super random, since I've never had Columbus Day off before, but certainly welcome! Going home would have been nice, but I was able to relax in an empty apartment, watch lots of TV and catch up with friends.
Sunday, I finally went to the Hell's Kitchen Food Truck Bazaar! I've been trying to go all summer, but the August one was postponed twice, and eventually cancelled due to rain. And I got to go with my friend David!! who I haven't seen since before I left for Shanghai. There were only five food trucks, since it was the last food truck bazaar of the year. I had Kimchi Tacos and a pear citrus Kelvin Slush! David had a pulled pork Gorilla cheese. After we ate, we browsed the flea market, tried on lots of hats, jewelry and looked at old pictures.

Since I had Monday off from school, I volunteered to go to my internship on my day off to help with the Thomas Lau photo shoot. The clothes seen on the runway are actually only a percentage of the collection, about a third I think. So, Thomas Lau, the photographer, comes in each season to photograph all the garments and accessories that weren't in the show. It was pretty exhausting, just constantly changing mannequins, and getting the next looks ready. It was really cool to see all his equipment though!

Thursday I had dinner with Eunice!! We grabbed lobster rolls from Luke's Lobster truck, located conveniently a block from Carlyle that night. We went back to my room to eat and chat. I've been having a lot of anxiety about  internships and jobs lately, and she really helped ease my anxiety. And I just found out yesterday that I have an interview for an internship next semester!
Friday after my internship, I went to the new Uniqlo 5th ave! It's huge! Everything is so sleek, clean, modern and really beautiful. The store is definitely a must see, especially if you love Uniqlo.
+J jacket with an adorably massive hood!
snapshots from the week:
new Halloweenie kitty stickers!

sweet potato fries and falafel sandwich that I made! 
berries in the Carlyle courtyard

night photoshoot next to the Flatiron building

more doodles

pumpkin cream cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment