Sunday, October 30, 2011

my week in (free) food!

This week was quite busy. I had two presentations (including one for ~Stern) and a midterm. ick. The week started off on Sunday with a group meeting for my EMI presentation. To make things more cheery, I wore my macaroon t-shirt! Of course it was cold, so I had to cover up the macaroons with a sweater.
Tuesday morning, I had an interview for next semester's internship. gah. I hate interviews. I'm not entirely sure how this one went, but I hope I get it! It was pretty cold, so I wore one of the jackets I got made in Shanghai for the first time! I love the shape and the furry collar! I wish I had another one in black!


Tuesday night I had another group meeting at 7:30, so it just made sense to stay on campus and do work until then. I saw on twitter that Artichoke's Macdougal location was doing a 2 for 1 deal for NYU students. So my friend Rose and I went! We both got the crab slices. Yummy!
Thursday I got a free lunch from Rickshaw Dumplings and Kelvin Slush!! Thanks to Mastercard, every Thursday until November 17 the ten best food trucks in the city will have free lunch for #PricelessNY! I hope the locations will rotate every week. This week Rickshaw Dumpling and Kelvin Slush were on University between 13 and 14th st, so I went right when they opened (or were supposed to open) as a study break. I got the Thai Chicken and basil dumplings and the special slush of the day, Arnold Palmer with cherry mix in. I really liked the peanut sauce that went with the dumplings, so much that I ran out with two dumplings left! And it was also my first time trying the Arnold Palmer slush, (I usually get a citrus base with a fruit mix in) and it was so good!



Saturday, it snowed! A record breaking one inch!! I couldn't believe it until I saw the big, fluffy flakes from my window. I certainly did not go outside yesterday...I heard it was miserable.
Snapshots from the week

near WSP

I was entranced by how fluffy her vest is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment