Sunday, October 2, 2011

my week in baby parades!

My week was quite mundane. School, hw, gym, new tv shows, internship. I can't believe four weeks of school have already flown by! It's nice to settle into a routine. Now that I have this nice little routine (including, a set route to school) you start to see the same people at certain times. Or, if you're lucky, you get to see a baby parade every day!! Seeing the baby parade is definitely the highlight of my day every time I see them, and I'm starting to recognize the little munchkins! I hope they start waving back to me!

This week I wanted to do super cool nails to make things exciting. I recently saw a tutorial on how to do crescent or half moon nails, which I've seen all over the blogmosphere. The trick is to use paper reinforcements. so clever! For the base, I used a fake OPI polish I got in China, so it chipped liked crazy!! And then the half moons are OPI Russian Navy suede. I don't actually like the suede effect, so I'm not sure why I originally got the polish. But, I discovered that a coat of clear polish gets rid of the suede effect.
Summer is officially over, and fall is finally here! To celebrate the last warm days I wore a dress (which I don't wear very often) on Wednesday. To make it more fall appropriate, I threw a denim shirt over it. If the weather had been a little cooler, I definitely would have worn suede boots with the dress! But I opted for light pink studded ballet flats.
I wore that dress just in time, because yesterday, October brought refreshingly chilly weather! At night (when it reached mid 50s!) I bundled up with a military jacket, my favorite bunny (and miu miu esque) scarf and a little fur stole! So excited to break out all my fall jackets and scarves!
I switched my google chrome theme, which made me surprisingly happy! I really like the color palette of my new one!
And now, the (actual) best part of the week.....I got a haircut!! It was slightly tragic at first. I had "sideswept bangs" that were not sideswept at all and dreadfully short. A few snips at home, and, well you can asses my haircut for yourself. I am quite pleased.
Random snapshots from the week:
lonely ballet slipper


No comments:

Post a Comment