Saturday, October 8, 2011

my week in mehness.

This week was pretty meh. I have a five day weekend, which is quite nice and unexpected. I'm jealous of everyone who got to go home, I kind of wish I had.
Since Mondays I finish school early, I decided to make pasta and nutella cookies for diner. Next time I need to add more than two tomatoes—two simply isn't enough! The cookies were disappointing. For all the nutella that went into making them, I could hardly taste any!
Wednesday, I helped at a admitted study abroad students event. I kind of liked answering all their questions. Study abroad is really an experience I think everyone who is able to, should partake in. I hope my answers made sense and were actually helpful.
Right outside of Carlyle on Thursday, there was a beauty truck event thing going on. They were doing makeovers and I got some samples of Olay and Pantene products! Union Sq seems to be the place to get beauty samples. who knew.

After my internship on Friday, I went to the International Center of Photography to see the Harper's Bazaar exhibit. I quite like the fashion photography genre. After spending so much time in the showroom for my internship and sending clothes to magazines it's interesting to see the end result. The clothes really come to life.
image courtesy icp.org.
On my way home from ICP, there was a crowd on Broadway in the 20s (I don't remember exactly which street) watching two guys put up new posters. I know they're not actually posters, but I'm not sure if they're advertisements. hmm.

Today, I went to brunch with my friends Ben and Nick. Ben wanted to take me to a new Thai restaurant in the East Village, Ngam, which he frequents. They unveiled their brunch menu this weekend. We were the second ones to try it. I had the Thai wings and waffels. The waffels were made with coconut milk, topped coconut shreds, coconut butter and orange zest. Chef Hong said it was the most popular item so far. I also had a Thai iced coffee, which could have been a little bit sweeter, but it was still refreshing.
snapshots from the week:
doodles from Advertising
wore my Tods for the first time
Meatpacking apple store
gummy tummies penguins. I think they look more like monsters.
package from mums! including PUMPKIN PIE poptarts!
doodles from EMI 
yuca fries from Big D's that Gian tried to finish/gave everyone a bite.
new mural on 14th and 3rd ave

No comments:

Post a Comment