Sunday, October 30, 2011

Embellished collar DIY

I decided to go to the Manhattan outpost of Beacon's Closet today, not looking for anything in particular. The store is arranged much like the Williamsburg store (which is three times bigger, by color. On my way out, I came across this dress in the black section. It's hard to tell if it's black or navy, and it has lots of red polka dot type things. I tried it on, and it fit! So I got it, with some very grand plans in mind.



First up, chop off the sleeves and make it a sleeveless dress. Farewell sleeves!
Then, I knew I had leftover pearls from a costume a few years back, so it was time to outline the collar.



And here's the final result!
Much more youthful, in my opinion. I'm still debating whether or not to cut a few inches off the hem. I think while it's cold and I'll be wearing tights anyway, it's fine. But come summer, snip snip!

No comments:

Post a Comment